Monday, April 02, 2007

2:44PM

Rameses sends a grimacing stare as I try to lean back on the couch, "Yeah, it hurts", I say. He seems to be aware of the pain that is piercing my back, but it's much more likely that he's ticked because I don't give him kitty treats whenever he askes. He's gained quite a bit of weight the last three months. Short of training him on the treadmill - we've decided less treats and smaller portions at meals might help.

There are times when he's staring at me that I think he's trying to use ESP in an effort to persuade me to supply more food. Seriously, I think he may be frustrated by his inability to brainwash me.

2 comments:

Seren said...

Cats do a very fine job of training their masters.

I've got a black cat with green eyes and a persuasive meow. Whenever I'm sneaking off to the fridge for a snack of cheese, he knows.

He'll casually stand on his hind legs and stretch up to reach the drawer of mysterious kitchen utensils. He always gets his cheese.

katherine said...

Yep, it's hard to resist giving the furry children treats - I know. Obviously. ; )