Wednesday, October 12, 2005

imagine the possibilities

While making some entries in my iCal calendar tonight ... I began to, somewhat mindlessly, scroll through the months. Which then turned into years. Suddenly it became very interesting as I started thinking about how old I'd be in say, 2033 ... a year I haven't even begun to fathom the existence of yet. Then the year 2040 appeared and I thought, "My God, I can't even imagine being 70 years old! That's double my current age and a whole lifetime from now!" Then I started to think about the vast changes I've seen in the last few years alone ... the possibilities abound. The thoughts continue to roll in, it's quite amazing to me where a little calendar surfing can take the mind. : )

2 comments:

Robert W. said...

I also sometimes think about how old I'll be at various years in the future. Depressing! Okay, not really. :-)

Do you think each of us will have the wisdom that our older age represents?

katherine said...

Do you think each of us will have the wisdom that our older age represents?

I'm fairly sure that an increase in age does not necessarily equal an increase in wisdom. But I do think we each have the wisdom our life experience represents. : )