Saturday, October 08, 2005

they say life is not a spectator sport

I'm not really sure why I feel compelled to tell this story, but I am. So I will. : ) It's just kind of a little glimpse into another's life, and God knows I love that. So, I'm in traffic yesterday afternoon. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to anything, mostly just zoning out waiting for the light to change. I know there's a blue volvo in front of me, but that's about it. Anyway, the light changes and we move to the next light ... I must have snapped out of my drone-like state, because I notice the man driving the blue volvo is petting a large dog that's occupying the front passenger seat. You can just tell that dog loves him by the way he keeps looking over at the man. The way the sun is reflected I can see doggy nose prints all over the windshield on the passenger side. : ) Suddenly I think this would be fun to share with you. So I fumble through my bag, grab the point & shoot and turn it on. I got one frame before the light changed and they were gone.

Man & dog -- Bellevue, Wa -- 10.07.05

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The invention of the digital point and shoot camera small enough to carry on your person is proof that God wants us to share -- oh, this is getting maudlin. :) They're great for reminding one another of the little wonders that make it worth being here. Things like you just crystalized.

Nice work with the license plate, by the way -- so much more pleasing than the typical murky blur that's all that would have occurred to me. :)

katherine said...

Nice work with the license plate, by the way -- so much more pleasing than the typical murky blur that's all that would have occurred to me. :)

Thanks. : ) I was looking for something different. Playing around ... ended up using the PhotoShop stained glass filter.