Sunday, January 08, 2006

signs

So, I'm one of those people who believe in signs. Fight it as I might, I always end up thinking there could be some greater meaning to certain things that we happen upon in life.

This evening I was leaving a party, headed home early because I'm feeling a bit puny. Anyway, I happened to be leaving at the same time as a small group of other party-goers (that I don't know). As I pulled up to the stop sign behind them ... I saw this.

Maybe it's a sign I should smile more : ) -- 01.07.06

Not sure if you can see it clearly, look beside the right brake light. I had to lighten this photo an insane amount for it to show up at all. But someone drew in the dirt on the car and it says, "Katherine" with a smiley face in front of it. I had to follow them for about two miles until we hit a stop light so I could get a photo. Okay so this may not be a 'sign' ... but I still thought there was something mysterious about seeing your name written upon a random vehicle, and with a smiley beside it no less. Come on, you know you would have followed them too! Well, at least I got a smile out of it. ; )

listening to Dance Me To The End Of Love by Madeleine Peyroux

2 comments:

Seren said...

Yeah, that makes me chuckle. Such coincidences, however apparently small, are worth celebrating.

katherine said...

Yeah, that makes me chuckle. Such coincidences, however apparently small, are worth celebrating.

Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks this is so. Thanks for the comment Seren!