Friday, December 23, 2005

ferry christmas

Lights reflecting on the window as a ferry makes it's way across the Sound ~ 12.23.05

So, this evening I was sitting here ... thinking about how it's been raining for days on end. Yep, it's true ... I live in Seattle. HA! Anyway, I saw a ferry going by and though I've shot the ferries often enough ... I got the camera out and proceeded to try to make the shot new somehow. It was getting dark and the lights in the apartment were bugging me throwing weird reflections on the window. So I turned them all off, save the Christmas tree. As I continued shooting and moving closer and closer to the tree I found I rather liked the way its lights reflected and added a 'holiday' feel to the photo. (Though, it also has a many moons feel to it as well. Hmmm.) Thus I present it to you here, for your own interpretation and reflection. ; ) I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Seren said...

The reflection does add some magic to this photo. Pretty cool stuff.

I also liked the raindrop video. The scene is quite colorful and the patterns indeed mesmerized me. I've done my share of zoning out on puddles and lakes, gotta love that.

Best wishes over the holiday weekend and have a happy 2006.

katherine said...

The reflection does add some magic to this photo. Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks! Seems interesting to me that I was trying to avoid the lights reflecting, then suddenly they became my muse.


I also liked the raindrop video. The scene is quite colorful and the patterns indeed mesmerized me. I've done my share of zoning out on puddles and lakes, gotta love that.

Thanks again. Been thinking I should've made that video a bit longer ... allowed for more zone time. ; )


Best wishes over the holiday weekend and have a happy 2006.

You too!

"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!" ~ Hamilton Wright Mabie